Thursday, November 12, 2009

Yoplait and ChapStick commercials

The Yoplait logo is total cr*p, but this commercial is really quite good. The music is quirky and charming, the colors are vibrant, the different peel effects are well done, and the tie-in to peeling the lid off brings it all together.

This commercial uses a sort of similar device, but holy hell is it awful. It is clearly flawed in concept and execution. If my lips are supposed to be wearing the product, why am I watching the product put clothes on? Why the wavy typography? And dear god, who the f*ck holds their ChapStick like that when they put it on?


  1. Somwehate related, nothing beats the Nike Huarache 2k4 commercial...

  2. Thanks for that link Anony. Definitely in the same vein, but I hadn't seen it before.

  3. I wish I knew the song in the yoplait commercial.