Thursday, November 12, 2009

Yoplait and ChapStick commercials



Pr*tty
The Yoplait logo is total cr*p, but this commercial is really quite good. The music is quirky and charming, the colors are vibrant, the different peel effects are well done, and the tie-in to peeling the lid off brings it all together.

Sh*tty
This commercial uses a sort of similar device, but holy hell is it awful. It is clearly flawed in concept and execution. If my lips are supposed to be wearing the product, why am I watching the product put clothes on? Why the wavy typography? And dear god, who the f*ck holds their ChapStick like that when they put it on?

3 comments:

  1. Somwehate related, nothing beats the Nike Huarache 2k4 commercial...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rE6tdVzaOkg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that link Anony. Definitely in the same vein, but I hadn't seen it before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I knew the song in the yoplait commercial.

    ReplyDelete