Friday, August 28, 2009

Item Three: Help a brother out

This third installment has more to do with the future of this blog than its origins. As I mentioned in Item Two, one of the obvious limitations I deal with is my own personal taste. But there’s another limitation that threatens to stilt the growth of Pr*tty Sh*tty (no, not cigarettes!). The reality is, I only encounter so many things in my day to day life that I can pair together on a daily basis.

So this, dear reader, is where you come in. Armed with your camera of choice, I entreat you to head to the front lines in the war of Pr*tty vs. Sh*tty and shoot. Shoot to blog.

I’ve used a couple guiding principles when making my choices, and to have your contributions considered you’ll have to do the same:

1) Don’t tread over old ground. If it’s been blogged extensively already, then there’s no need to give it coverage here. Similarly, if it’s a well-known, universally appreciated/derided design, then we only succeed in preaching to the choir.

2) Don’t pick on the little guys. Calling out the awning from the local nail salon for looking like sh*t is like shooting fish in a barrel, and really, their only sin is not knowing any better. Instead, focus on targets that should have known better. We’ll leave the easy targets to Your Logo Makes Me Barf.

The only other thing you need to know is that you need not send me a full pairing. Send me your Pr*tty, send me your Sh*tty, and I’ll find the matches (believe me, that’s often the hard part).

You’ll of course get full credit for anything I show.

Now go. Make me proud.

2 comments:

  1. I bought some stuff at the grocery to submit...but then I ate it, thus deflating the packaging. Next grocery trip, I promise

    ReplyDelete