Friday, October 5, 2012

Ktoberfest: Adkeeper

Raise your steins one last time! Ktoberfest draws to a close.


There’s plenty about this I shouldn’t like. The whole dimensionalized, web 2.0 effect is not my thing at all. And frankly I don’t quite understand what this ad is promoting. Despite all that, I do quite like this K.

I’m a bit of a sucker for a simple, silly visual pun, so the exclamation point as the stem of the K works for me. I also like that it’s essentially paired with the mathematical symbol for “less than.” For me, it’s basically saying this: if the exclamation point stands for excitement or awesomeness, that’s still less than what Adkeeper has to offer. A bit of a stretch maybe, but no one said layers of meaning had to be huge, obvious layers.

No comments:

Post a Comment