Wednesday, October 24, 2012

iPod and ACCU-CHEK Nano

These two commercials are somewhat similar in that they both feature small electronic devices moving around in otherwise empty space on the screen, set to music. And yet it’s safe to say they couldn’t be more different from one another.




Pr*tty
This is an easy one. iPods are cool.

Sh*tty
This is an easy one, too. The ACCU-CHEK Nano is not cool.

And that’s the real problem here. Glucose meters aren’t supposed to be cool. And they sure as hell shouldn’t make attempts at being so. Which is all I can guess at when I try to imagine what they were thinking (if you can call it thinking). The result, anchored firmly in a profoundly absurd jingle, is so laughably bad that I couldn’t possibly add more humor to the scenario.

The bottom line is, I think this might truly be the worst commercial I’ve ever seen.

2 comments:

  1. I was watching it at first without sound. Seemed all right. Overdone, but all right. Then I watched again. With sound.

    Boy.

    There is no explaination for something like this. And no excuse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first time I saw the Accu-Chek Nano ad I thought, "yes, diabetes is hitting people at a younger age. I'm sure they thought this 'pop tune' would appeal to a younger audience but it sure looks like people who designed the ad are in a completely different age group than the people they think they're targeting."

    ReplyDelete