Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Wednesday Waffler: Nuthouse Hardware



I don’t get many image submissions via Twitter. And unfortunately cell phones don’t take the best images, so go here to see a slightly clearer version of this hardware store identity.

Image quality aside, I can’t entirely decide if I love this, or find it too clumsy and silly. You have to at least give it points for sticking to the concept of the type design, and for having a pretty great name... a worthy pun!



And what do we think about their rebranding?


Thanks to my pal Nick Chow for the image.

Be like Nick! Go here to learn more about contributing to the cause. And here to get the P*S* App, if that’s your sort of thing.

2 comments:

  1. Design shouldn't be judged in a vacuum. Taking into consideration that they're a family-owned (somewhat) independent hardware business, I sided on the Pr*tty. Kudos to them for recognizing and choosing to use a more than half-way decent mark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it said outhouse at first. I still think it says outhouse. Why would you want that?

    ReplyDelete