Friday, June 11, 2010

Animated clay and animated painting











Pr*tty
These somewhat recent commercials demonstrate the enduring appeal of claymation. The puppets are well designed and well animated, which adds a tangible degree of credibility to each ad’s message.

Sh*tty
There’s no particular reason stop-motion animated painting needs to be awful. But these commercials aren’t exactly selling me on the technique.

The Blue Moon ad is well-executed, but the concept is so goofy and the painting so tacky you can’t help but question how artfully crafted the product really is.

As for the Zegerid ad... Amidst the thousands of terrible commercials on TV, I thought I knew the limit of those that boggle the mind with their nauseating repugnance. How little I knew.

1 comment:

  1. Actually, I liked ALL of the commercials, especially when the guy took his shirt off!

    ReplyDelete