Friday, October 23, 2009

Split Personality Week: The Tale of Peter Rabbit (board book)





Pr*tty
Not one of my personal faves, but a beloved classic. And I’ll be the first to admit that Beatrix Potter’s illustrations are decidedly lovely and charming. Best bumblebees ever.

Sh*tty
Now, keep in mind this isn’t the original book; it’s a board book version for the wee ones, so it’s edited and shuffled up a bit. That said, there’s still no excuse for inserting some bogus, badly done imitation of Potter’s work. Fine, include a drawing that isn’t in the original, but for blog’s sake, at least make it look remotely like it belongs with the rest.

1 comment:

  1. I remember seeing that picture in a version of the book that I had as a child some 20+ years ago. I did a google image search for "Tale of Peter Rabbit," and it popped up. Looks like this is the real deal.

    ReplyDelete