Thursday, September 23, 2010

Milk Bone and Meaty Bone




Pr*tty
For the most part, I don’t go in for all the dimensionalizing of logos that has run rampant these days, but I must say, this particular execution is really well done. And downright delicious looking!

Sh*tty
I’ll give Meaty Bone this... if I was a dog I’d probably like a meaty bone more than a milk one. But here’s my beef (so to speak):

If the word Meaty had a pig’s tail, you would assume it was made of pork.
If it had a fish’s tail, you would assume it was made of fish.
If it had a cow’s tail, you would assume it was made of beef.

The designers of this logo gave the word Meaty... keep up with me here... a dog’s tail.

Keep a close eye on your pets everyone.

4 comments:

  1. Gives a whole new meaning to "dog biscuits."

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the Meaty Bone image, the fake smoke coming out of the biscuit makes it look like a fuming turd. Weird.

    The font choice isn't unpleasant though, looks like a solid sans serif. But its a bit of overkill with the type overlaying on each other. And the "e" is bouncing off the tail like a trampoline.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a bit embarrassed to admit it but I'm drawn to the "fuming turd" and other dog treats that look like real food for my doggies.

    ReplyDelete