Thursday, January 14, 2010

J'Adore and Fantasy Commercials



Pr*tty
There seems to be a lot more perfume commercials on TV around Xmas. Most of them are pretty bad. But this J’Adore spot is stylish, smart, and yes, pretty damn sexy. I do hate that J’Adore logo though.

Sh*tty
This is also stylish, but incredibly far from smart or sexy. The best/worst bit is the overtly labeled “Magic Love Arrow.” I don’t know about you, but I don’t tend to have fantasies like this. Hunky guys hunting me in the woods, yes. Labeled props, no.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great find. I think they were trying to go for the "Alice in Wonderland" effect with the labeled props, but clearly they failed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the story in the second one, but it's just too tacky (wtf @ the goddess being on world tour and breaking from the fantasy set?).

    J'Adore is classy and confident. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're talking to different audiences here. Britney's buyers are probably mostly teens. That ad appeals to them more. Charlize is HOT and that is more adult. J'Adore is for adults.

    ReplyDelete