Friday, February 12, 2010

Cafe Bustelo and Cafe Caribe




Pr*tty
If I was being rational and impartial I would probably think this looks pretty bad. But since this is my blog and I don’t have to be rational or impartial, I’m just going to say it’s awesome.

Sh*tty
If I drank coffee, I wouldn’t buy this kind. My capacity for morning zaniness is limited only to sugary cereal packaging. Besides, cereal packaging zaniness is offset by the mazes and puzzles on the back of the box. They keep my mind sharp. Clearly.

9 comments:

  1. They both stink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I agree. I don't really like either of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the oddly placed accent mark that really irks me about the first one, but I'm a sucker for the overall retro look of its packaging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a pair of swimming trunks that look like the Cafe Caribe packaging. Except mine have waves in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They both look like they would contain sticks of butter to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm fairly obsessed with Cafe Bustelo and therefore indubitably biased, but I think it manages to convey a vibe that matches its messaging about a traditional coffee/preparation. Also, my favorite part of the package is the <3 Cafe Bustelo on the back, which I always think someone should make into pins.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the difference here is that Cafe Bustelo isn't trying too hard. It's bold without effort. It's nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The top one, Cafe Bustelo, isn't actually all the bad in taste. I have bought it once or twice from my local bodega out of despair. However, packaging does sell and these clearly do not attempt to gain commercial success.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I genuinely quite like the Cafe Bustelo. I don't think it's high-end design by any means, but I think it does what it means to do quite nicely.

    ReplyDelete